[Openmcl-devel] [Announce] Preliminary version of git integration code ready for testing

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Feb 16 09:25:07 PST 2010

After much head banging and brain warpage I have finally finished a preliminary but working integration of git with the CCL GUI.  It has hardly any features at the moment.  All it does it let you take snapshots of individual files, and then roll back to previous versions of those files.  All snapshots are kept in a completely separate branch (called "snapshots") which does not share a common ancestor with any other branch.  This insures that RCSIF cannot screw up an existing git repository.  All snapshots can be deleted simply by deleting the snapshots branch.

I am releasing this code not so much because I think it's terribly useful in its current form (though it may be that too) but to solicit feedback and also as sample code on how to interface with git and how to use several Cocoa features, in particular, modal sheets and dynamically generated context menus.  The code is here:

http://www.flownet.com/ron/lisp/rcsif.lisp

You'll also need:

http://www.flownet.com/ron/lisp/rg-utils.lisp
http://www.flownet.com/ron/lisp/globals.lisp