[Openmcl-devel] Problem setting up slime/emacs/clozure

Michael Minerva minerva at agentsheets.com
Wed Feb 17 18:48:20 PST 2010

I am trying to run clozure through slime/emacs on my windows system,
and I followed these instructions:  http://ccl.clozure.com/manual/chapter2.6.html

This is what my .emacs file looks like:

(set-language-environment "utf-8")

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/slime/")  ;or wherever you put it

;;; Note that if you save a heap image, the character
;;; encoding specified on the command line will be preserved,
;;; and you won't have to specify the -K utf-8 any more.
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/ccl64 -K utf-8")

(require 'slime)
(setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy))

I put slime in my home directory for simplicity.  When I execute M-x
slime I get the following error:  Spawning child process: invalid
argument

Has anyone come across the error?  Any ideas?   Thanks!

--Michael