[Openmcl-devel] Newcommer willing to help

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Tue Feb 23 16:53:30 PST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> I am quite recent to Lisp programming system and I am still in the process of leaning it.
> So therefor I would be interest in small project.
> Something that could help in learning the Clozure CL language.
> Some cocoa project seems very promising especially the inspector.
>
> So if there is anything suitable for learning the language and that could help the community
> I would be  please to give a try in helping the project.

Thanks for the offer to help.

I'm new to CCL (but old to Lisp :) and see lots of needs for the Cocoa IDE. One project that immediately comes to mind is the Hyperspec lookup (Help menu). That is very slow and opens a new window each time. It would be nice to have it reuse an existing window and remember the window size and position. It needs typical browser controls for history and navigation. For extra credit integrate with spotlight for fast searching and make it work with multiple documentation sets (e.g. the Clozure CL documentation).

This reminds me that Google Summer of Code is coming up very soon (March 8). Is this something that Clozure has applied for? I'm up for mentoring on IDE projects if we have anyone interested.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.