[Openmcl-devel] Problem with class-prototype

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Fri Jan 1 12:58:41 PST 2010

Hi there,

Happy new year!

class-prototype doesn't seem to interact well with redefinition of classes with metaclass funcallable-standard-class. See the following transcript:

? (defclass foo () ())
#<STANDARD-CLASS FOO>
? (class-prototype (find-class 'foo))
#<FOO #x300041443BED>
? (defclass foo () ())
#<STANDARD-CLASS FOO>
? (class-prototype (find-class 'foo))
#<FOO #x300041443BED>
? (defclass bar () ()
    (:metaclass funcallable-standard-class))
#<FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS BAR>
? (class-prototype (find-class 'bar))
#<BAR #x30004143F9DF>
? (defclass bar () ()
    (:metaclass funcallable-standard-class))
#<FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS BAR>
? (class-prototype (find-class 'bar))
> Error: value #<error printing BAR #x30004143F9DF> is not of the expected type (OR CCL::STANDARD-INSTANCE STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION).
> While executing: CCL::UPDATE-OBSOLETE-INSTANCE, in process listener(1).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.

In other situations, I get an 'invalid memory operation' there, or something like that.

Any idea?

Best,
Pascal

--