[Openmcl-devel] Subject: Re: new to lisp pointers needed

mark robare mark_robare at charter.net
Mon Jan 11 23:30:22 UTC 2010

thanks for the help john

but i could use some more of you insight

i did as you stated in your reply,

though i have emacs 22.3 and slime-2010-01-07

i did remane slime to slime when i put in the emacs/site-lisp folder

when i start emacs i get this error

An error has occurred while loading `c:/.emacs':

Symbol's function definition is void: add-to-lisp

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the

cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with

the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

when i ran it with --debug-init i got,

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function add-to-lisp)

  (add-to-lisp (quote load-path) "C:/emacs-22.3/site-lisp/slime/")

  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "c:/.emacs" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer
position 107

  load-with-code-conversion("c:/.emacs" "c:/.emacs" t t)

  load("~/.emacs" t t)

  #[nil "¾

i also have a folder named .emacs and one named .slime

thanks again