[Openmcl-devel] STEP function

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Tue Jan 12 08:30:23 PST 2010

At 1/12/2010 11:21 AM, Adlai Chandrasekhar wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Alexander Repenning wrote:
>>On Jan 11, 2010, at 7:27 AM, Gail Zacharias wrote:
>>I think a great starting point would be to add a "show source"
>>button to the alternate console which would be enabled in case of
>>an error. That button would open the source file and place the cursor to the
>>code in question. Very handy...
>
>SLIME already has this -- when you're in an SLDB buffer and the cursor
>is on a stack frame, pressing ¡v¢ does exactly what you described. I'm
>not familiar with the CCL IDE, but it shouldn't be too hard to adapt
>SLIME's code. The relevant function is ¡sldb-show-frame-source¢ in
>slime.el

The CCL IDE does this as well (double-click in the backtrace
dialog).  The problem is that you can't debug Cocoa apps in the IDE.

But Adlai has a point.  A while back, Mikel added the ability to
connect to the IDE from Slime.  It might have bitrotted, and it might
need a little more work, but it seems like a more featureful way to
debug Cocoa apps than altconsole.