[Openmcl-devel] ccl crashes

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Tue Jan 19 14:00:55 PST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Mario S. Mommer wrote:

> the attached file contains some simple code that can be used to crash
> ccl 1.4. I downloaded ccl 1.4 using subversion. I'm running it on Ubuntu
> Jaunty (9.04), 64 bits, and on a stock kernel.
>
> uname -a gives
>
> Linux padme 2.6.28-17-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 1 21:27:25 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> What I do is start two threads doing a simple computation intended to
> use cycles. The observed behavior is erratic, as it takes a variable
> time before ccl exits with a segfault:

How long?  Seconds, minutes, hours?  I've let it run for 10 minutes, and no crash yet...

> mommer at padme:~/local/src/ccl$ lx86cl64
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-r13119  (LinuxX8664)!

When you get the lisp from svn, it includes a set of binaries.  These binaries are not always up-to-date with the source code, but they are sufficient to rebuild the lisp.

Please do (rebuild-ccl :full t) to pick up all the bug-fixes that have been checked in to the 1.4 release branch since its release.  (See http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource).

This may or may not have anything to do with your bug, but we might as well eliminate the possibility.