[Openmcl-devel] Setting up CCL to run under SLIME in Ubuntu 9.10

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Wed Jan 20 08:21:26 PST 2010

Greetings,

I am new to Linux and would like to set up CCL to run under SLIME in Emacs
(23.1.1) on my Ubuntu 9.10 setup.

I think due to my unfamiliarity with the ways Linux does things I'm lost on
following the directions posted on the CCL Wiki for doing this (
http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/InstallingSlime).

In particular, I can't find the .emacs file on my installation, and thus
don't know where to put the fragment of code listed on the above web page.
I have installed CCL per directions on the Wiki and can invoke it from the
terminal window.

Other handholding may be necessary.  Even though I have Linux users nearby,
nobody is using CCL for their work and, at any rate, would like to open a
connection with other CCL users.

At present, when I invoke SLIME, it opens with SBCL.  This isn't necessarily
a bad thing, but I have some MCL code from years and years ago that I'd like
to get back to and I figure it would be less troublesome to use CCL due to
its relation to MCL.

Best regards,

_don

Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology
1910 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
WWW: http://ipt.boisestate.edu
Telephone: (+01) 208 426 1899
Fax: (+01) 208 426 1970