[Openmcl-devel] importing COMMON-LISP:NIL

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik at mazeboard.com
Fri Jan 22 23:51:30 PST 2010

Hi

I am implementing a packaging tool and I found the following issue:

> *package*
#<Package "COMMON-LISP">
> (defvar *x* 123)
*X*
> (make-package 'temp :use nil)
#<Package "TEMP">
>(import 'x 'temp)
>temp::x
123
>(import 'nil 'temp)
>temp::nil
> Error: Unbound variable: TEMP::NIL
> While executing: CCL::TOPLEVEL-EVAL, in process listener(1).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Retry getting the value of TEMP::NIL.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

Why I cannot import 'NIL into TEMP package?

I am trying to  implement a package system that can be used as follows:

;; in package APP
@::use (common-lisp ccl utils)

@::use will import all external symbols of COMMON-LISP into APP, then
import all external symbols of CCL into APP, and finally
import all external symbols of UTILS into APP

All imports are done using shadowing-import.

The issue is that it appears that when I use NIL in the package APP I
receive
the "Unbound variable NIL" error (I cannot import COMMON-LISP:NIL to APP).

Thank you for your help and explanations.

Taoufik