[Openmcl-devel] Is this a bug?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Jan 24 14:17:19 PST 2010

Seems like this ought to work but it doesn't:

? (hi:buffer-region (gui::hemlock-buffer (second (gui::windows))))
#<Hemlock Region "foo">
? (hi:region-to-string *)
> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type STRUCTURE.
> While executing: HI::ENSURE-BUFFER-GAP-CONTEXT, in process Listener(6).

This doesn't work either:

? (hi::string-to-region "foo")
#<Hemlock Region "
> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type STRUCTURE.

The mere existence of string-to-region leaves me mightily puzzled.  I don't see how that could possibly do anything even remotely coherent, and trying to reverse-eningeer it seems to lead down a serious rabbit hole.

rg