[Openmcl-devel] Error on macro character after sharpsign colon

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Jan 26 15:05:17 PST 2010

Tim Bradshaw <tfb at tfeb.org> writes:

> On 26 Jan 2010, at 22:05, Terje Norderhaug wrote:
>
>> Yes, one of the lessons here is to not make naive assumptions about
>> an extended readtable not conflicting with the syntax of third party
>> code.
>
> I have always wanted LOAD and COMPILE-FILE to have a :WITH-STANDARD-IO-
> SYNTAX option actually (can this be added by a conforming
> implementation? I think it can).

I'd rather like to see a way for the user to extend the set of "file
local variables" -- that is the set of variables rebound by COMPILE-FILE,
and LOAD.

My named-readtables library only works so well because the ANSI comitee
wisely chose *READTABLE* to be in that set, and it shows what powerful
application can be leveraged off from it.

  -T.