[Openmcl-devel] The MAX-1-BIT-CONSTANT-INDEX error

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Thu Jan 28 03:23:17 PST 2010

I get this when trying to rebuild CCL.  Just telling it to continue is
fine, obviously.  I assumed this was because things were getting
redefined, and once I'd rebuilt once it would not complain again.  But
it does seem to do so sometimes.

My rebuild script basically ends up doing a

	ccl64 -n -e '(progn (ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t) (quit))'

Which I think is standard.

I think the problem is that when I do an svn update, I blow away the
various images to force svn to refetch them, to prevent the svn-not-
overwriting-the-image-causing-lossage problem, but the images in the
repository have the old value of MAX-1-BIT-CONSTANT-INDEX in them,
causing the next rebuild to run into the error again.

If that's a correct diagnosis, could someone commit new images?  It's
hardly a crippling problem of course, but it would be nice for the
update/rebuild process to not require manual intervention.

Of course I may have misdiagnosed the problem!

--tim