[Openmcl-devel] Unix signal handling

Scott L. Burson Scott at sympoiesis.com
Wed Jul 7 00:09:43 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> wrote:

> So my model of how thread scheduling works must be badly broken.

There's some relevant information in section 16.1 of the manual, though it
doesn't quiiiite seem to answer the question for me either -- since the GC
has access to the global TCR list, and has suspended all the other threads,
why can't it track down the exception context of any thread that was in an
exception handler and find the relevant roots?  But I can easily imagine
that there is a complicated, uninteresting answer :-)

-- Scott