[Openmcl-devel] slime and unicode: Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: connection broken by remote peer

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Mar 5 16:33:08 PST 2010

I don't ordinarily use SLIME, but for what it's worth I tried
following the Wiki's instructions with an Emacs that identifies itself
as 23.1.1 (Fedora's 1.23.1-18.fc12 package) and today's CVS SLIME on
x86-64 Fedora and up-to-date trunk CCL and everything behaved as
expected.  That's not quite what you're running, but it's likely
pretty close.

Does everything work for you except UTF-8 encoding ?  Is there
anything in the *inferior-lisp* buffer that might shed light on
the problem ?  Did you build the Emacs yourself, or download it
from somewhere, or ... ?