[Openmcl-devel] rebuild-ccl fails in l1-sockets.lisp

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Mar 11 00:33:01 PST 2010

I think that I finally figured out what the problem was and checked in
some kernel changes (r13511) that seem to fix things.

Quick summary:

1) the bug(s) were mostly introduced in r13497 and caused code
    which reorganizes memory contents during SAVE-APPLICATION
    to do a mixture of "reorganizing" and "scrambling" of memory.
2) they mostly affect x8632 and only affect the trunk.
3) it's probably time to check in some new trunk binaries, since
   a) it's been a while
   b) it might be a little weird to bootstrap these changes if the
      image one compiles with is known not to have been affected
      by the kernel bug.

I'll try to address (3) sometime Thursday.