[Openmcl-devel] CCL bug?

Sudhir Shenoy sshenoy at gol.com
Mon Mar 15 22:11:09 PDT 2010

Thanks for the pointer. It is clear now.

Although I do not currently have this problem (libraries are my own so
I can wrap the declaim declarations in an eval-when) what is the
recommended procedure to ensure that there are no optimization side
effects when loading a third-party library? Should one do the
equivalent of getting the current optimization settings, loading the
library and then setting the optimization settings back to what they
were prior to the load?

This, of course, really makes a difference only when developing code
in a live REPL where a CCL crash could take some partially developed
code with it (BTW, this didn't actually happen to me because I was
inside Emacs/SLIME but when raising hypothetical questions, I guess
worst-case scenarios are admissible :-)

Cheers
Sudhir