[Openmcl-devel] Watch function bug?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Mar 24 18:09:22 PDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 8:25 PM, Adam Getchell wrote:

> http://ccl.clozure.com/ccl-documentation.html#watched-watch
>
> My results are somewhat different than what's documented:
>
> adam at ubuntu:~$ ./ccl64
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-r13548M  (LinuxX8664)!
> ? (defvar *s* "xxxxx")
> *S*
> ? (watch *s*)
> > Error: Undefined function WATCH called with arguments ("xxxxx") .
> > While executing: CCL::TOPLEVEL-EVAL, in process listener(1).
> > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > If continued: Retry applying WATCH to ("xxxxx").
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
>
> I've submitted this in case it's useful, since I'm following the trunk version of CCL.

You don't appear to be running the trunk;  if you were, the version string in the banner would look like "1.5-dev-r13548M" (i.e., there would be a "-dev" in there somewhere).  You're running the 1.4 release branch.

Anyway, you want ccl::watch and ccl::unwatch (note double colons).  I forgot to export those symbols.  I checked in a fix to the trunk just now.