[Openmcl-devel] Watch function bug?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Mar 24 19:14:58 PDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 9:35 PM, Adam Getchell wrote:

> Thanks, I just updated via SVN and tried again:
>
> ? (ccl::watch *s*)
> "xxxxx"
> ? (setf (char *s* 3) #\o)
> > Error: Write to watched uvector "xxxxx" at index 3
> >        Faulting instruction: #<X86-DISASSEMBLED-INSTRUCTION (movl (% eax) (@ -5 (% r15) (% rcx))) #x30004121E95D>
> > While executing: CCL::SET-CHAR, in process listener(1).
> > Error: Undefined function CCL::X86-CAN-EMULATE-INSTRUCTION called with arguments (#<X86-DISASSEMBLED-INSTRUCTION (movl (% eax) (@ -5 (% r15) (% rcx))) #x30004121E95D>) .
> > While executing: (:INTERNAL CCL::XCMAIN), in process listener(1).
> > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > If continued: Retry applying CCL::X86-CAN-EMULATE-INSTRUCTION to (#<X86-DISASSEMBLED-INSTRUCTION (movl (% eax) (@ -5 (% r15) (% rcx))) #x30004121E95D>).
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
>
> Not sure if this is correct or not.

That's another watchpoint bug that was fixed in the trunk a while ago.  Sorry about that.

As I mentioned, you are running the 1.4 release branch.  You can tell by running "svn info" from your ccl directory---you'll see "release" in URL line.  To run the trunk, get a fresh checkout with

svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/linuxx86/ccl