[Openmcl-devel] Using readtables for only one library

Dan Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Mon May 10 10:44:54 PDT 2010

James Anderson kindly pointed me to Edi Weitz's cl-interpol, which
does this.  http://www.weitz.de/cl-interpol/

It's not the only thing I was thinking of doing with
the readtable.  Ruby also lets you type in strings
with single-quotes (which does not do interpolation).
I was thinking of allowing that.
(If you want to quote something, just use backquote.)

Of course, unlike the string interpolation feature,
this is utterly incompatible with any existing Lisp.

-- Dan