[Openmcl-devel] open-shared-library hangs trying to open cygcc_s-1.dll in win32

John Miller millejoh at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 10:33:54 PST 2010

Helpful CCL developers,

I am trying to get GSLL running on my Windows XP SP3 box.  I run into trouble loading fsbv when cffi does the equivalent of (open-shared-library "cygffi-4.dll").  By trouble I mean that CCL hangs, which means I unfortunately have no backtraces to share.  My guess is that CCL is having trouble resolving some dependency.

From what I can tell- using cygcheck- the dependencies for cygffi-4.dll are:
	cygcc_s-1.dll
	cygwin1.dll
	ADVAPI32.dll
	KERNEL32.dll
	ntdlldll
	RPCRT4.dll
	Secur32.dll

I called open-shared-library individually on each of the above.  When I try to open 'cygcc_s-1.dll' CCL hangs.  Everything else loads okay, which is strange since cygcheck indicates that cygcc_s-1.dll depends on all the DLL's listed after it.  Any ideas on why CCL is hanging at this point?  Don't know if it is useful to mention, but I get the same behavior in sbcl using its FFI.

Thanks,
John