[Openmcl-devel] Sudden increment in executable image size.

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Wed Nov 17 22:14:56 PST 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:01:21 -0800, Kaz Kylheku <kaz at kylheku.com>
wrote:
> It turns out that the heap size suddenly jumps after the very last file
> is loaded.

I have isolated it to the use of a particular macro (mine, not CCL's)
in that file.

If I stub the macro out so that it does nothing, the bizarre size
increment goes away.

There is now only one SIMPLE-FIXNUM-VECTOR in the heap, and it's tiny.

I have a hunch the instability probably won't reproduce either.

The macro isn't recursive or anything silly like that. I don't
see how it could lead to several huge fixnum vectors being produced
at macro-expansion-time, let alone destabilization.

Thanks for the hints. I will drill into this further.