[Openmcl-devel] Strange LISP Clozure problems

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at biofuelstechnologyinc.com
Fri Oct 1 09:00:26 PDT 2010

Thanks everyone. You have given me some really useful information
which should help me to re-organize a bit in my project.

It still seems strange since it looks like I will have to use
"copy-tree" to manage the lists, and will have to find a clean
solution for my problem.

I was using a single list approach as I described in the original
post, but am not sure how to cleanly implement that given that, if I
understand correctly that "replace-if and replace-if-not and rplacd
and others" include this same type of shared data approach.

I just wanted to have a simple list of the format ((1 (1 2 ....) (2 3
...) 2) ......) and cleanly grow "append" elements to each of the
internal lists as my code iterates.

Lisp is a great language, but I can see that I have a lot to learn still.

Thanks again for all of the help,
Lonnie