[Openmcl-devel] Sanity check

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Oct 13 16:57:23 PDT 2010

I filed this ticket a while back:

http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/753

It says that when I do this:

(gui:background-process-run-function "foo" (lambda () (print 123)))

I get an SBOD hang which requires a force-quit to recover.  Gary says he can't reproduce it, which is odd because it's nearly 100% reliable for me.  The only situation in which this doesn't hang 100% reliably is in the 32-bit app when it's the very first thing I do.  It's almost certainly a race condition because this:

(gui:background-process-run-function "foo" (lambda () (sleep 1) (print 123)))

doesn't hang.

If you happen to have a free moment would you please try the above form and let me know if your CCL hangs?  It might be something unique to my setup.  For example, I have an SSD.  That could make a difference in a timing-related issue.

Thanks,
rg