[Openmcl-devel] x86-32 inline assembly possible?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu Oct 28 14:26:54 PDT 2010

On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> I know about ccl::defx8632lapfunction, but that interface produces a function, not inline code.
>
> Is there a way to write x86 assembly using the LAP syntax (or anything else? octet values?) within a Lisp function?

There's no inline LAP.  You have to write LAP at the level of a function.

The compiler uses vinsns (see ccl:compiler;X86;X8632;x8632-vinsns.lisp), which are little tidbits of parameterized assembly code, written in a LAP-like notation.  You would need to hack the compiler to use my-custom-vinsn.  That would void your warranty for sure.