[Openmcl-devel] Another small listener bug

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Sep 8 18:25:40 PDT 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

> In the pre-build clozure 1.5-r13651 (DarwinX8664) the following scenario
> generates an error dialog:
>
> 1. Copy from a text editer the expression marked between [ and ] in the
> listener:
>
> [
> (+ 1 2)]
>
> (Notice the newline before the expression)
>
> 2. After pasting, press the enter key to evaluate the expression.
>
> 3. You get the following error:
>
>   value NIL is not of the expected type REAL.

Please update from svn and rebuild;  I seem to remember fixing a bug like that.

See http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource

In brief, go to your ccl directory and type "svn up".  Then, start ccl, probably with "./dx86cl64".  Evaluate (rebuild-ccl :full t).  Quit and restart the lisp.  To build a new Clozure CL64.app, start the lisp again, and evaluate (require 'cocoa-application).