[Openmcl-devel] Completion in Listener generates error

Willem Rein Oudshoorn woudshoo at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 11 02:57:11 PDT 2010

I think I found a bug in the dynamic expansion code.

1. Start Clozure CL32, version: 1.6-dev-r14241M-trunk  (DarwinX8632)!
   or the 64 bit version, both  1.6-dev-r14241M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!

2. type in the listener:

   (probe-file #P"~/xxx

   [Such that no file or directory starts with 'xxx']

3. After the '/' press the key Alt-/
   Notice it shows in the echo area that there are no expansions
   starting with 'xxx'  [This is GOOD]

4. Press again Alt-/
   This brings up the AltConsole with:

       Error:
         Unmatched ~/
        "No expansions for \"~/xxx\""
                             ^

         While executing: (:INTERNAL GUI::|-[HemlockTextstorageTextView keyDown:]|), in process Initial(0).

    I didn't expect the AltConsole to pop up.

5. Another reproduction scenario:

   Type:  ~sxxx
   Press: Alt-/

As far as I can tell, the reason for the error is that, the dynamic
abbrev code raises an error in which the string "~sxxx" is part of
the description, and that string is later interpreted again
as a format control string.

However, I got lost in how the condition ends up in the echo area.

Kind regares,
Wim Oudshoorn.

Kind regards,
Wim Oudshoorn.