[Openmcl-devel] COMPILE-FILE maybe-bug

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Wed Sep 29 05:52:16 PDT 2010

I thought about this a little more, and I think that either *everything* should be preserved (for instance, *modules*) or nothing should be.  Looking at the source, I can see what is going on - *features* is being bound by the compiler.

Attached is a (somewhat horrible) patch which deals with this issue by assigning to the global, then restoring the old value (+ any new things added by things being compiled).  I am not sure of the thread-safety issues of this: *features* will *globally* have a new value while COMPILE-FILE is running.

--tim