[Openmcl-devel] CCL images, consumer apps, and piracy

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:43:02 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:

> In CCL, by default, you can retrieve the sources of compiled
> functions, e.g.,
> (ccl:source-note-text (ccl:function-source-note  #'foo))
> => "source code"
>
> You can circumvent that by setting ccl:*save-source-locations* to NIL.

I will look into this.  i had thought that the LLGPL licensing on the
CCL kernel might prevent any kind of obfuscation, as I'd have to
publish the sources of any security measures devised.  However, "one
way trips" that destroy information during compilation might work.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon
<pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:

> So I won't question whether there's any merit in discussing game piracy,
> as requested, but I will just ask: are you already selling millions

I will request that this not become a discussion about my finances
either.  This is a technical question, and my interest in CCL is
exploratory.  I'd use and contribute to an open source solution if it
solved the problem.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every