[Openmcl-devel] CCL <-> C++ interface generator in alpha, reviewers wanted

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Apr 13 16:29:22 UTC 2011

Kevin Reid wrote:
> If you really want to avoid keyword arguments, use a separate function
> which calls make-instance (or, if it suits, use defstruct instead of
> defclass, which has the infamous “boa constructor” mode).

BOA = by order of arguments
BOA constructor = great pun

It is the same position-dependent argument list used by C/C++, Fortran,
Java, ... but usually without type dispatch.

Actually it is a bit more like

struct S { int x; int y;};
S s={2, 3}; // BOA constructor

- Daniel

P.S.  We have veered far from CCL-specific issues.  A better list may be