[Openmcl-devel] cl-bench Windows 32-bit performance

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:37:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try to work up a comparison to SBCL.  SBCL's support
> of Windows is in a seemingly endless Alpha, so I'm not sure if I can
> actually bench it, but I'll try.

SBCL was able to compile but not execute cl-bench.  I got confirmation
from the sbcl-help mailing list that this is a known issue on Windows.
 So for the present, CCL is certainly faster on Windows than SBCL, by
virtue of working.

I will now investigate the performance of my machine with non-Lisp
benchmarks, to see if there's anything grossly wrong with my hardware
and OS performance.  Who knows what horrors a machine can pick up.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every