[Openmcl-devel] Creating extensions associations for my application

Michael Minerva minerva at agentsheets.com
Wed Jan 12 14:46:00 PST 2011

I would like to create file extension associations for my application and I am having trouble figuring out how to do this with build build-application.  It seems that the cocoa way to do this would be to add a CFBundleDocumentTypes key to the info.plist of my application.  When I tried to do this using build-application the first thing I noticed is that make-info-dict (which seems to be the standard way to create a plist by way of of build-application's info-plist key) does not accept a key for CFBundleDocumentTypes key, also it seems that there is no way to specify an actual info.plist file for build-application to use, instead it seems that you must specify an NSDictionary to be used to create the plist from (am I mistaken)?  If all of this is correct, how would one specify file extension associations and icons to use with those files through ccl?  Thanks a lot.

--Mike