[Openmcl-devel] ARM testing

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Thu Jan 20 16:59:21 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19 2011, Gary Byers wrote:

> The (small) trick:
>
>  - checkout the trunk
>  - rebuild the lisp kernel
>  - rebuild the image, using the new kernel
>  - rebuild the image again

I did the rebuild on the trunk.  The build of the image and boot took a
_very_ long time.  When trying to load the boot image, I'm getting a bus
error with what looks like a stack overflow.  I got it to continue with
a sufficiently large -S argument to loading the boot image.

The second build was much faster.  I did still have to manually do the
bootstrap to prevent the stack overflow.

Looking good, though.

The rebuilt image is about 4MB smaller than the old one, should this
surprise me?

David