[Openmcl-devel] ccl on ext4

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Jul 11 16:20:02 PDT 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Bit Twiddler wrote:

> I know that this has probably been discussed before,
> but does anybody know whether ccl has been certified
> by its maintainers to work properly on the ext4 file system?

I would say that CCL is certified to take up space on your disk.
Anything more than that...well, not so much.

I think CCL is reasonably good about calling fsync before streams
wrapped around file descriptors are closed, but as far as
I know, nobody has tried to comb through the file i/o code
with the specific thought "is this going to be robust in
the face of power loss and delayed block allocation" in mind.