[Openmcl-devel] A platform independent pathname without truename

Michael Minerva minerva at agentsheets.com
Fri Jul 29 12:47:32 PDT 2011

I have been trying to find a good way to return a platform independent pathname without using truename which works for cases where you are creating a path for a file that already exists, but would not work if you are trying to create a path to a file you are about to create.  For example if I call (truename "ccl:") on the mac I get: #P"/Users/Mike/ccl-1.7-dev-r14869/"
and on the pc I get:
#P"C:/Users/Mike/Desktop/ccl-windows-mar-30/"

This is all well and good but I cannot use truename if I am trying to create a path for a directory I am trying to create inside the ccl directory (because truename will return an error if the file does not exists).  Is there anyway to get a platform independent path without using truename?