[Openmcl-devel] *initial-process* and *current-process*

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at open-axiom.net
Thu Jun 23 19:08:48 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>

>> I am not doubting you.  All I can tell you is that the application works
>> pretty
>> well with CCL-1.4 and onwards except recent CCL-1.7-dev  Unfortunately,
>> I did not record the SVN revision before making the update.  I tried
>> bissection
>> but the trunk seems to be unbuildable on x86-64 for a long time, so my
>> efforts were non-conclusive.
>>

> An automated process tries to build and test the trunk CCL on a pretty
> regular basis; I spent most of yesterday alternately building it and
> breaking it, and that automated process screamed hysterically every
> time I broke it and I didn't sleep until it stopped screaming.
>
> I can't guess why you'd say "the trunk seems to be unbuildable on x86-64
> for a long time."  Do you think that this is:
>
> - generally true, and you're the only person  to notice ?
> - possibly due to some local issue that only affects you but which remains
>  a mystery to everyone else ?

I am reporting facts about build failures on several machines (all
x86-64 and windows 64)
I have access to.  I can only report on things I see; I cannot
speculate on things
others don't see. So, the answer is -- I guess -- none of the above.

If you are interested in the build failures (to be clear, I can build
CCL again from trunk
on x86-64, but build on Windows 7 64-bit fails) I can supply more
evidence.  However, I
would not want to distract you if you believe it must be local mirage.
 As, I said I can
report on things I see.

-- Gaby