[Openmcl-devel] Incompatibility with Xcode 4?

Raymond Wiker rwiker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:00:39 PDT 2011

I installed XCode 4 (the AppStore version) last week, and it appears
that, as part of this, I got /usr/bin/g++-4.2 in addition to
/usr/bin/g++-4.0. /usr/bin/g++ (a symlink) has also been changed, so
that it now points at g++-4.2.

So, it would appear that the XCode install also updates the command-line tools.

I just tried (rebuild-ccl :full t) (i.e, no SVN update), and that
failed. I then tried (rebuild-ccl :full t :update t); that, too,
failed.

I think I've seen this discussed on this mailing list earlier, so I'll
take another look at the archives.

Note: The AppStore version costs $4.99 (or NOK 29). This is about the
equivalent of a third of a pint of beer, and I don't think this is
unreasonable for a 4.5GB download. The main problem to me is that it
appears that I have to do the AppStore thing on all my computers,
instead of downloading on one and copying the image/installer to the
other machines.