[Openmcl-devel] 3 questions - TLS the default? global thread-shared vars? .CDB gen broken?

David L. Rager ragerdl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:04:47 PDT 2011

Hi Jason,

I think that all you need is something like the following transcript,
but I include the pointer to the source code that helped me find the
answer.

lhug-7:~$ ccl64
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.7-dev-r14672M-trunk  (LinuxX8664)!
? (defun foo (condition y)
  (declare (ignore y))
  (format t "~&Error:  ~A" condition)
  (ignore-errors (throw 'asdfgh :qwer)))
FOO
? (setq *debugger-hook* 'foo)
FOO
? (catch 'asdfgh (car 3))
;Compiler warnings :
;   In an anonymous lambda form at position 0: Error: "value 3 is not
of the expected type LIST."
;   signalled during compile-time evaluation of (CAR 3) .
Error:  value 3 is not of the expected type LIST.
:QWER
?

I obtained this by looking at ACL2's function our-abort (defined in
file interface-raw.lisp, which is contained inside acl2.tar.gz, which
can be downloaded at the following page:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/moore/acl2/v4-2/installation/installation.html),
which automatically aborts from a raw Lisp error.  It also has a
pointer to ccl::*break-hook*, which I did not look into.

> Oh yes, yes. Sorry I wasn't clear.  I wanted to configure the condition
> system to just skip asking me what restart I wanted. Instead, I would like
> ccl to just print the error and then return me to the top level without
> having to press :Q.  It might not be doable of course, but if it is, I would
> appreciate any hints on how to do this.  Perhaps I can define a default top
> level condition handler that says "I got it," but then it does nothing but
> return to the REPL.

David