[Openmcl-devel] "Native" namestrings

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Wed May 11 05:00:25 PDT 2011

CCL represents pathnames that have a dot in the pathname-name by
escaping the dot with #\\ on Linux and #\> on Windows. What's the
recommended way to get the "native" name of a pathname escaped like
that, so that it could e.g. be passed as an argument to a system command
and be recognized by a non-CL process? CCL::NATIVE-TRANSLATED-NAMESTRING
looks like a possibility; is it what I should use? If so, should I be
worried about the non-exportedness of it?

Is the escaping/native convention described in the manual? I didn't see
it under 4.6, "Pathnames", or in the index.

Thanks,
Zach