[Openmcl-devel] ACCEPT-CONNECTION does not handle :WAIT as documented on windows

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed May 18 02:40:33 PDT 2011

On Windows, some socket-related functions return an unsigned
32-bit value, where the value #xfffffffff (4294967295) is used
to indicate that an error occurred.  On other platforms, the
returned value is a signed integer and negative values denote
errors.  We were checking to see if the C #_accept function returned
a negative value (the value can't be negative on Windows) and interpreting
#xffffffff as if it was a valid socket identifier.

I checked in a change to the trunk that seems to fix this; if it doesn't
obviously break anything, we'll propagate the change to the 1.6 branch
in a few days.