[Openmcl-devel] CCL on Android

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Nov 22 16:04:39 PST 2011

On my phone,

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-dev-r15086M-trunk  (AndroidARM32)!
? #_?tmpnam
? (external "tmpnam")
#<EXTERNAL-ENTRY-POINT "tmpnam" (#xAFD19E21) libc.so #x540EE21E>

I'm about 99% sure that the .cdb files on the device match what's in svn;
I'll try to check that more thouroughly when I get some time.

The .cdb files in question were generated last winter from the 2.2 headers
in the r5 (or possibly earlier ?) NDK.  There might be some reason to
target a later version, but for the libc stuff this probably doesn't matter
too much (it's likely the same watered-down half-right stuff from release
to release.)  There might be a better argument for using the latest NDK's
header files, since I think that the header files do get improved from
time to time ("foo() has been in libc for a long time, but we forgot
to include foo.h until now").

None of that really explains why you're not seeing #_tmpnam.
android-headers/libc/functions.cdb has the following MD5 hash:

[android-headers/libc] gb at antinomial> md5 functions.cdb
MD5 (functions.cdb) = 91c2dd66ee99c66a6ae8c39918c564e3

That's on OSX; I think that "md5sum" will do the same thing on other platforms.