[Openmcl-devel] Interface Contrib & Mountain Lion

Shannon Spires svs at bearlanding.com
Fri Aug 3 10:05:11 PDT 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, Ron Garret wrote:

>> Bowing to the inevitable
>
> It's not inevitable for me.  I am going to stick with Snow Leopard as long as I possibly can.  Apple has completely jumped the shark with Lion as far as I'm concerned.
>
> rg

Completely agree. For the first time since I started developing on the Mac in 1984, I'm considering moving away from the platform. I'm tired of dealing with the Apple upgrade treadmill, the constant addition of useless new features, the continual deletion of useful capabilities, the ongoing failure to fix bugs that have been in the OS for years, and Apple's growing nanny-state attitude about what I should and should not be allowed to do with my own computing devices.

My next computer will probably have an ARM processor and run Linux. My next cell phone and tablet will probably run Android, god help us all.
They'll look like crap and won't be very user-friendly, but at least they'll be mine.

-SS