[Openmcl-devel] Slow Slime Startup with 1.9 dev OS X

Wade Humeniuk wade.humeniuk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:13:10 PDT 2012

I updated my 1.9 devel branch a few days ago and now the time to start ccl under slime is quite large.  Sometimes greater than 30 secs (and a few times I had to abort slime connection).  Looking at the OS X Activity Monitor shows ccl taking up 100% cpu during swank/slime startup and goes negligible after connecting.  I originally thought it had something to do with Mountain  Lion and me building ccl under that latest Xcode.  I svn'ed the 1.8 release version and it worked fine, I also re-build 1.8 under mountain lion and everything was also fine.

Version with slow behaviour

Dex:ccl wade$ ./dx86cl64
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.9-dev-r15382M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
?

1.8 version

Dex:ccl18 wade$ ./dx86cl64
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-r15436M  (DarwinX8664)!
?

Is anyone else having the issue?

Wade

Xcode 4.4.1

Hardware Overview:

  Model Name:	MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:	MacBookPro8,2
  Processor Name:	Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:	2.2 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	4
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	6 MB
  Memory:	8 GB
  Boot ROM Version:	MBP81.0047.B27
  SMC Version (system):	1.69f3
  Serial Number (system):	C2QHF01ADY1N
  Hardware UUID:	A9F33418-B914-5D86-9773-522EB924085F
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:	Enabled

System Software Overview:

  System Version:	OS X 10.8 (12A269)