[Openmcl-devel] Preliminary Debian packaging for Clozure Common Lisp (ccl.clozure.com)

Christoph Egger christoph at debian.org
Tue Aug 14 03:45:34 PDT 2012

Hi!

  Please Send any mail also directly to me if you're interested in my
Input as I'm not reading -mentors regularly and pkg-common-lisp-devel@
is -- it appears -- not getting enough of my attention to see your
messages in time.

Faheem Mitha <faheem at faheem.info> writes:
> 1) I'd like to take over the outstanding ITP for CCL (#609047,
> cc'd). I've written to Darren Ho, the creator of this ITP, on 1st July
> 2012, (see http://bugs.debian.org/609047), but have not yet received a
> reply. What else do I need to do, if anything?

  Send a mail to the bug report explaining that you'll take over and set
yourself as the owner of the bug.

> I guess I need to get a sponsor at some point. When should this happen?

  It needs to be done once you have a package ready on mentors.debian.net

> 2) The main outstanding issue is how to handle the bootstrapping
> issue, namely that CCL is not in Debian, but requires CCL to compile.

  For sbcl I do bootstrapping with a crossbuild from another
architecture .. building just a non-packaged version and using that to
bring up the package. Once there is a version in the archive everything
works automatically. So ideally I can build the first package with a
locally installed ccl (e.g. in /usr/local/bin, ..). sbcl's debian/rules
has some magic now to do this (and the last commit is totally messed up
:-(

  I guess bootstrapping only needs to be done once and later versions of
ccl can be built using the version that is then included in Debian?

> 3) My current package description for the package is
> 4) Debian requires a copyright statement, which is located in the
> "copyright" file in the repository. On installation it is installed in
> /usr/share/doc/pkgname/copyright. Here is the current text, taken from
> the openmcl package that was in Debian a few years ago.

> OpenMCL is licensed under ...
CCL?

Regards

    Christoph