[Openmcl-devel] Modal dialog problems with CCL 1.9 32/64 on Mountain Lion

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 15:35:57 PDT 2012

If I had to make a guess, I'd say that this is a Mountain Lion issue rather than a CCL issue. I'm only saying that because I've seen similar behavior in other applications running on Mountain Lion. For example, I've seen both Preview and Aperture stall for fairly long periods of time (10's of seconds or even a few minutes) when opening certain sorts of dialogs that require user input. It displays part of the dialog and stalls for a while before displaying the rest. I don't know the cause and I can't explain why a 1.8 CCL doesn't show the problem, but I'd still be pretty surprised if this turned out to be a CCL problem.

For me there does seem to be some correlation between the occurrence of these stalls and how much I have going on at the time. It's as if the processor is switching from the display of the dialog to other runnable threads in the system and taking a long time to get back to the dialog. It always seems to get there eventually, but it's pretty annoying. I just today switched to OSX 10.8.1, so we'll see if this might be something that got fixed.