[Openmcl-devel] Modal dialog problems with CCL 1.9 32/64 on Mountain Lion

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at me.com
Tue Aug 28 06:47:34 PDT 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:

> People who are
>   tempted to ascribe supernatural powers to some versions of CCL (powers that
>   allow it to hide some files/directories that would otherwise appear) might
>   want to try toggling the presentation style (whatever it's called) to see
>   if this is just a Mountain Lion display/caching bug.

I am not in any way tempted to ascribe supernatural powers to any version of CCL - though I have at times been tempted to ascribe supernatural powers to you and Matthew ;^)

Changing the presentation style (whatever it's called) does cause the directories to populate, and to remain populated when the style is changed back. However, subsequent calls to ccl::choose-file-dialog still show the same empty-directories-until-presentation-style-is-changed issue.

It would still be useful to know why this only manifests with ccl::choose-file-dialog and not with File:Open… (nor with any other application), but that's just idle curiosity…

Maybe its because the deprecated #/runModalForDirectory:file:types: is causing problems under Mountain Lion even for apps like CCL that are not sandboxed.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com