[Openmcl-devel] Modal dialog problems with CCL 1.9 32/64 on Mountain Lion

Alexander Repenning alexander.repenning at Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 28 11:11:16 PDT 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 7:21 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

>   I'm of the school of thought that believes that if we all just close our
>   eyes and pretend that [Mountain] Lion doesn't exist, sooner or later it'll
>   go away;  accordingly, I only use a system with Mountain Lion installed on
>   it very occasionally and only use it for testing, and the CCL versions that
>   I have installed on it tend to be fairly well up-to-date (and not subject to
>   the thread-creation problem.)

We are guilty of the same. However, Mountain Lion is not going away. The problems we find with CCL on Mountain Lion are hard to track if one is not a regular user of Mountain Lion. Slight delay here, strange little interaction there, no big deal, ... or is it. Quick little "seems to work" type of tests will not find these issues.  If we really want to make reliable tools for Mountain Lion (because of users not because we love Mountain Lion) we may have to become full time Mountain Lion users/developer <insert strange dog food metaphor>.

Alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department