[Openmcl-devel] Unicode Composition

Martial B martialhb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:33:29 PST 2012

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a plan to build a Unicode NFC Clozure CL. Is it useful for you? I am dealing with french and vietnamese characters and not being able to get a char/codepoint (but instead an array of bytes for each char-unit and its diacritic elements) annoys me a bit (I am new to ccl switching from sbcl). I will try to normalize strings with an external-call with something like icu4c but I'd be glad to know if there's move in this direction in the future.

Cheers,

--
Martial