[Openmcl-devel] Portable AllegroServe for Clozure CL

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Tue Dec 18 11:54:56 PST 2012

Dear All,

I am trying to get the latest Quicklisp Portable Aserve:

   portableaserve-20121125-cvs/

 working with the latest CCL from Apple Mac Store:

   ccl-1.8-f95-macosx-x64

Although it looks as though Portable Allegroserve has recently been updated
for CCL (in October of 2012), I am still getting an error when doing
ql:quickload on it:

 value NET.ASERVE::WSERVER-FREE-WORKERS is not of the expected type (MEMBER
THE LET LET* LOCALLY CAR CDR SVREF). [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]

It looks like this probably worked in the past, since there are specific
directives for :openmcl-native-threads around the initform of free-workers
in main.cl.

Has anyone a clue of what the issue is here, or would care to have a look
at it?

We are working to get our Genworks-GDL system (
http://github.com/genworks/Genworks-GDL) working on CCL, and I got the main
kernel and basic geometry packages to build today. The next hurdle appears
to be Portable Allegroserve (yes, we are somewhat entrenched in paserve as
our webserver, moving to another CL webserver in the short term would not
be trivial...)

--

My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699