[Openmcl-devel] Some problem on freebsd

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Feb 7 17:13:36 PST 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, z_axis wrote:

> hi, friends
> The CCL runs great on my Archlinux box but not on my FreeBSD box.
>
>> uname -a
> FreeBSD mybsd.zsoft.com 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #3: Fri Sep 30
> 15:23:56 CST 2011
> root at mybsd.zsoft.com:/media/G/usr/obj/media/G/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386
>
> ? (sys-info)
> Machine: "i386" "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+"
> "mybsd.zsoft.com"
> OS: "FreeBSD" "8.2-RELEASE"
> Lisp: "Clozure Common Lisp" "Version 1.7  (FreebsdX8632)"
>
> ? (ql:quickload "hunchentoot")
> To load "hunchentoot":
> Load 1 ASDF system:
> hunchentoot
>> Error: Unable to load any of the alternatives:
>>          ("libssl.so.0.9.8" "libssl.so" "libssl.so.4")
>> While executing: CFFI::FL-ERROR, in process listener(1).?
>
> ? (ql:quickload "elephant")
> To load "elephant":
> Load 1 ASDF system:
> elephant
> Attempting to load libmemutil.so...
>> Error: value #<A Foreign Pointer #x280B4000> is not of the expected type
>> (UNSIGNED-BYTE 32).
>> While executing: (:INTERNAL CCL::OPEN-SHARED-LIBRARY-INTERNAL), in process
>> listener  (1).
>
> How can i fix such problems ?

The second problem's easy to fix: it was a bug in the released CCL 1.7
that was fixed in svn several months ago.  Do an "svn update" and rebuild
CCL.

I suspect that the second problem's just a symptom of the first.  I'm not
really sure why CFFI's looking for those particular versions of libssl.so,
but it should be able to open the unversioned library.