[Openmcl-devel] interruptions

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Feb 24 13:54:47 PST 2012

There's a long explanation for why the archives of this mailing
list aren't easily searchable (as they sometimes have been in
the past.)  Part of that explanation includes "... and it's easy
to search them using URLs that involve the string "google", but
I never remember what that is.  You kids and your www-thing!

That means that I can't just say "anyone who wants to know
more about user-defined signal handlers and CCL should just
search the list archives", since this and some other issues
do come up repeatedly and are often discussed at some length.

Instead, I have to say "there are several discussions of this
in the mailing list archives.  One of the more extensive and
relatively recent discussions is in the thread starting at:

<http://clozure.com/pipermail/openmcl-devel/2010-July/011667.html>

".

(The mailing-list-archive search software that we've sometimes used in
the past is part of a non-standard extension to GNU Mailman.
clozure.com runs Ubuntu, and Ubuntu's packaging system doesn't
incorporate that extension.  If we patch Mailman manually, it becomes
harder to benefit from Ubuntu's packaging system and those benefits -
someone else worries about keeping system components in synch so that
we don't have to do so very much - are real and significant.)